Friday, August 27, 2010

Catching up

How did it get to be Friday already?  I swear it was just Tuesday a minute ago . . . wasn't it?

I've been working steadily on Marriage of Minds.  This is not a pattern to be hurried through -- not that any needlework is to be hurried through, but especially not this one.  It's big, it's complicated and it's a bit finicky as to stitches, all of which are good things, and I expect to be many months on this project.  (Our tenth wedding anniversary is in January 2012, and it might actually be finished by then!)  Quite a change from Midnight Watch, with its big sections of fill-in-the-moon.  So I'm taking my time making sure that the branches of the tree are properly placed, and the leaves, and the roses . . . .  Y'all understand.

I've found some really lovely tiny samplers on a French blog, Echevette.  I fell in love with her freebie chart "Tea Time", and I think it would make an exquisite needlecase.   She has a lot of charming patterns, and even those of us who can't read French can appreciate her work -- we stitchers all speak the language of needle and floss, anyway.  (There is a button for a Babelfish translation on the webpage, but personally I think Babelfish makes matters worse, not better.)

Tomorrow we go to Fogler's Greenhouse and Greenmarket in Rochester.  Wiggy is packing up his cameras, so there should be some photos of our adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up on "Marriage of Two Minds"--I only have 9 months until the wedding, but 21 months until the present is due. :)

    ReplyDelete