Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day, interrupted

Well.  Wasn't that exciting.

This time Molly got hit right in the face and chest, poor baby.  She and her brother have had two H2O2 baths, and she still has traces of the smell on her.  I haven't touched any stitching yet because I'm scared that any smell I have on my hands will transfer to the linen.  Something tells me that hydrogen peroxide and baking soda won't make a sampler happy!  So I'm not taking any chances.  I'll probably be able to stitch again on Friday.

There is an arts festival I've been looking forward to -- the Art & Apples Festival in Rochester.  It's a juried art show with craft booths and vendors, and also -- I just found out a couple of days ago -- an apple pie or dessert competition.  I've never entered a baking competition before, but I'm going to enter a Bavarian apple torte in this one.  I'm wildly excited about it.  Wiggy and Mom have agreed to be my test audience, and I'll probably drag a few friends into it as well.  I'm happy with the flavor and texture (just enough crunch, just enough juice), so now comes the part where I tinker with appearances.  Saint Julia, pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment